By nature, I am an optimistic person and alway look for a solution when challenges arise. That’s not to say I don’t allow myself a bit of a “freak out time,” but then I like to figure out how to fix or change a situation and not dwell on the negatives. Staying in a state of negativity can lead to excuses, stress, and unhappiness. So how can you help yourself get out of that funk of negative thoughts? By focusing on what you are thankful and grateful for each and everyday.
This concept may sound cliche, but it’s the truth!
This was a quick and easy project for $20 or less!
The supplies you will need:
- colorful paper (I used scrapbooking paper)
- 1 glass jar or container of your choice
- labels that are specifically for chalk
- small wooden box or another small container of your choice to hold paper strips
You can find all of these supplies at a craft store like Hobby Lobby. When choosing your paper, have fun with it! This is meant to be a positive and uplifting project, so choose your supplies based on your tastes and likes.
- Cut paper into small strips.
- Fold blank strips of paper in half and place in wooden box.
- Place label on glass jar and then label the jar with chalk. You can call it “gratitude,” “thanks,” “happiness,” or anything else you feel is in line with your daily focus of gratitude.
- Place the jar in its own space, somewhere you will notice it everyday as a reminder to write down what you are grateful for each day.
I hope you enjoy this daily ritual as much as I do. I really do look forward to writing in it everyday. Sometimes I place what I am grateful for in the morning. Other days I do it at the end of the day. It’s your choice. I want you to really make this daily habit something special to you.
In health and happiness,